good times

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Sunday at the Getty

GettyOn Sunday, I went with my sister to the Getty Museum in Los Angeles. If you haven't been there yet, you should definitely plan to make a nice afternoon of it. Lots of photo ops!

The garden area is especially nice. They must be grooming this place 24 hours a day. It's always in perfect condition. Here are some views of the Central Garden:

Central Garden
HydrangeaPink Trees
View from the Central Garden

Getty's Marble WallsEverywhere you walk within this museum complex, you'll be surrounded by the rough textured beige marble. Apparently they imported 1.2 million square feet of this travertine marble from Italy. Must've cost a fortune. It's seriously everywhere.


My favorite location at the Getty is the cactus garden. Definitely the most out of the ordinary garden I've ever seen. Pretty surreal.

The Cactus Garden
The Cactus GardenThe Cactus Garden

Oh, and then there's art there, too. One of their most famous pieces is Irises by Van Gogh. It's known as the 7th most expensive painting ever sold ($49 million). There are also a few Monets and some cool sculptures.

Irises by Van GoghWheatstacks by Monet
MinervaThe Portal of Rouen Cathedral in Morning Light by Monet

It was a great day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your camera is awesome! And both of you guys have a good eye for photography!

Anonymous said...

The pictures came out great Russ!!! Don't forget to make me my cd. Hey didn't you have a closer pic of the funky round cacti? You sure spent enough time there taking pics. Your pictures from the garden are great. I love the pic you took of the waterfall with the museum building in the back and the flowers and tree in the foreground. Awesome!!! Oh I also like the picture you took of those pointy pink flowers on those big tree shaped metal frames with the building in the back ground...it is just a neat perspective!

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the comment "anonymous", but I didn't take any of the pictures...it's all my brother. I want a new camera!