good times

Saturday, September 24, 2005

All-you-can-eat Sushi

Chomp SushiI'm still full from the experience. Two nights ago, I met up with my friend Jeff to go have some all-you-can-eat sushi. We went to a place called Chomp in Fullerton. Joanne and I have been there with Daniel and Amy before, but not on a Thursday. Thursday is All-You-Can-Eat (AYCE) Night. The only problem is that this place is packed and AYCE is at 8:30. People can wait over 2 hours for a table. Luckily Jeff has a friend who's got connections. His friend has come every week for over 2 years so now they just get him a table when he shows up. Very nice.

Ready to eat.Crunchy Roll

Sushi GroupWhen it comes to eating sushi, Jeff and his friends go crazy. I was ready to chow down (which I did), but these guys put me to shame. I was able to eat 32 pieces! I thought that was pretty impressive, but Jeff was able to put away 42 pieces! But Jeff's friend Robin, who got us into the restaurant, had an astounding 63 pieces! And his record is 100!

I know it's like the hot dog eating competition all over again.

2 comments:

Ferg said...

63 pieces? I don't believe you. That's a week's worth of Fergie food!

Ferg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.