good times

Monday, July 18, 2005

My Last Birthday Party

I know...I'm spoiled. It's like my birthday was a week long. But yesterday, I had my last party. We went to the Yard House at Shoreline Village in Long Beach. It was a beautiful day and it was packed at the restaurant (we didn't help either with our party of 18).

YardHouseShorelineVillage

Two people in our party of 18 were in the 0-8 months category. Here's a picture of Daniel with Preston and Jill with Jacob. You can see Preston trying to get down his yard of milk. The babies are taking over!

Birthday1

Hello, Michiko, Glenn, and Kevin!

Birthday2

Here is what I sought out to defeat. The half yard of beer. I came to take down a whole yard, but if you have ever seen it, it has to be on the floor since it's so tall. So instead I attempted to take down two of these (I could only get down 0.9 yards...but I did have a mai tai beforehand). Eddy and I tried Shiner Bock (some Texas beer) and it was pretty smooth. I recommend it. Down the hatch!

Birthday3Birthday4

Here, why don't you try some?

Birthday5

Cheers!

Birthday10

And we ate, too. I had the Miso Chilean Sea Bass (legally caught) and the experience was definitely worth repeating. It was prepared just right. Stephanie had her typical dish...the giant California Roll. It's a whole meal!


Birthday6Birthday7

Birthday9
Throughout dinner, there were several races going on: the race between Eddy and myself with the yards of beer and actual car races on PSP Ridge Racer. With so many nerds present, we had 3 Sony PSPs available for simultaneous racing. It was pretty fun. Here's a picture of Ats and Melody playing.


After dinner, we all went back to our place and I opened up my gifts! In summary, I got a shirt from my parents and Best Buy gift cards from just about everyone else. And already today, I went to Best Buy and redeemed my gift cards for my new camera. It's a Nikon D50 digital SLR camera. I haven't used it yet, but I'll try it out tomorrow.

NikonD50

Lastly, thanks to my wonderful wife for setting this all up for me. I had a great time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://shell.exo.com/~boogah/video/choco_party.wmv

l0 said...

didn't we both do a yard and a half at your rehearsal dinner?

Anonymous said...

Hey you forgot to mention that Gige brought his too....didn't really get play time..but that would make four right?

Anonymous said...

Oh and also...it was not me that had the ginormous california roll....I didn't even see that on the menu....interesting pick Steph!

Russell said...

Hey, Lo. That was quite a feat. We couldn't order full yards since they wouldn't fit near our packed table. I guess I'll have to wait until you come back in town again to do another yard and a half.