good times

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Steel Thumbs

TextMessaging
If you didn't already know...my sister dominates when it comes to text-messaging on her phone. That's what we call her. Steel Thumbs. Feel free to join in. Anyway, thought it was relevant when I ran across
this article.


Some girl won $5000 because she entered the following text in 2 minutes, 23 seconds:


The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human.

Lame. Without too much effort, I typed that in to my phone in 2 minutes, 45 seconds. I am unimpressed. Of course, the world record is apparently 43 seconds. That's pretty damn impressive. I'm just sayin'...my sister could've sent that girl packin'.

Time yourself. Don't use predictive text entry (if you know what that means) and type in the two sentences. I opened the little clock in the bottom right hand corner of the screen to time myself.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Russ you are so lame! I am not that fast. Now Nancy...she is pretty darn fast...you need to time her!

Hey good time by the way Russ.

And no...no one needs to call me that

Miss Lala said...

steel thumbs? boo. i'll stick with my current name for her: the sour cream cookie goddess.

Anonymous said...

I think we whould have Steph enter that contest. She would set a new world record.

Anonymous said...

Okay Steph, I think you are WAY faster than anyone I know! Who else can jump up from a deep sleep, grab their phone, flip it open, reset a new wakeup time, and go back to sleep all in less than 10 seconds. That is pretty darn impressive!!

Anonymous said...

I like that name better too Lara...thanks....I will so have to make you some sour cream cookies again so as to keep my name....thanks

Anonymous said...

No new world records would be coming from me Joanne...thanks for the vote of confidence, but yeah no....I no good.

And Zo....you are so lame....whatever....hey when it comes to sleep anyone will be able to do that in record time.....sleep is precious girlie.

But text messaging....watch time yourself...you will beat my lame 5 minutes 47 seconds time.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that you are the only one alive that can do that. I mean, you were in a DEEP sleep and you are still able to do all that in record time. TRULY AMAZING!!!