good times

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Los Angeles Kings vs. Detroit Red Wings

Eddy and I went to go see the Kings play the Red Wings Monday night. It's the first Kings game I've ever been to. It was a great game! We sat in the Premiere section which gave us an amazing view of the rink. Check it out!

Our view from Premiere Section 2.

But first, the story about how I got my camera in. Yes, I was successful for the 3rd time this year. (1st was the Green Day concert where cameras weren't even allowed, 2nd was the WTA Tour Tennis Tournament where they took my camera bag and when I took my camera out last minute) This time, I wanted to get my telephoto lens in (I thought it was made primarily of plastic and glass). I went through the metal detector gates, first giving them my keys and cell phone. They say watches and jewelry are okay. When I went through, the buzzer went off and they had to reinspect me with the metal detector wand. The wand buzzed when it passed over my telephoto lens. They sent us back out to put the lens back in our car. Eddy did not let me give up just yet. We went through another entrance and tried again. This time, I gave Eddy my watch and belt, thinking it might help. Went through the metal detector gates...CLEAR!

And boy was it worth it! I got some great shots with the telephoto lens. Check them out:

Red Wings Pregame Practice

You can see the hockey stick bend!
Look at the bow in that hockey stick!

Drop the puck !

Good action.

Red Wings scored in their own goal...refs didn't count it.

The referees had to decide if the goal counted when it appeared that the Red Wings scored in their own goal. They didn't count it.





Mattias Norstrom
Check out that slap shot!Check out that slap shot!

Joe Corvo of the Kings took a penalty shot. He shoots...
Takes the shot...
He scores!
...and scores !

And of course it wouldn't be hockey if there wasn't a fight.
FIGHT!
Good times.
For all 41 pictures, click here.
(I recommend viewing as a slideshow and setting the time for 2 seconds.)

6 comments:

Chang Kim said...

Fantastic photos. I went to the Ducks Red Wings game just a few days earlier. I always was a bigger fan of the OC teams. :)

Hey, way to include relevant info like the score, lol. Detroit 5, Kings 2. BOOOOO.

Next time you go to a game, you should meet up with Drew. He has season tix.

Russell said...

Lotta criticism comin' from a guy who's been slackin' on the blogs lately.

Anonymous said...

My favrite picture is the one of Howard after the penalty shot..."LOSER!!" Those were awesome seats, Russ. Thanks! We'll have to go back!

Drewby said...

That game blew. I was so depressed.

*sigh*


Premiere seats are awesome, though. And if you should make it back in there, the chili fries are great.

Anonymous said...

Do you know if Staples Center would allow a Nikon D50 with 18-55mm lens attached into the stadium for a Lakers game? The website states lens longer than 3.5 inches are not allowed and the lens I have just makes that. Do the security guards have any problems with the Nikon D50 even without any lens attached?

Russell said...

The 18-55 lens will probably go in as long as you tell them that it does not get longer when you zoom in. Just act like you know that it should be allowed and they'll let you pass.