good times

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Farewell, Aztek.

As you all know, the Pontiac Aztek has changed the automotive industry since its debut in 2001. Just yesterday I noticed that the Aztek has been removed from the Pontiac lineup. It's a sad day. I feel it deserves a moment of silence.


Aztek

I have often marveled at the existence of this mechanical creation. How does a car company create such an awful monstrosity when there were probably hundreds of people responsible for its design? I wonder how the designer felt when he discovered that the resell value of the Aztek after 5 years was only 16%, the lowest of all cars on the market.

Aztek Tent

Well, the departure of the Aztek also marks the departure of the deployable rear tent. By far the most outstanding accessory for the Aztek, the tent has proven that it was not just a car, but a home.



I'm glad that I had the chance to drive this spectacular vehicle while I was out in Colorado.
It was an adventure I'll never forget.

Aztek Rear

No comments: