good times

Thursday, May 31, 2007

C-L-E-V-I-S

The good news: The Scripps National Spelling Bee just completed Round 5 and the Finals are tonight on ABC at 8:00pm! 15 spellers remain and will continue on to the Finals.

The bad news: Our buddy, 13-year old Samir Patel, was just eliminated in Round 5 of the Semifinals. It was his fifth and last National Spelling Bee appearance. He got out on the word 'clevis.' He spelled it 'C-L-E-V-I-C-E.' It's a term we use quite regularly here at work, but a word that our buddy Samir Patel will never forget. He says "But I just outsmarted myself. It was an easy word. I just made a stupid mistake."

Poor Samir. I'll have to watch the defeat on TiVo when I go home tonight. Farewell, Samir. You had a good run.

SamirPatel3
SamirPatel2

1 comment:

Ferg said...

Yes, poor Samir. Though once he becomes a structural engineer he will never again misspell the word C-L-E-V-I-S.