good times

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New Dollar Coins

If you haven't heard, the U.S. Mint is releasing a new series of dollar coins to replace the gold Sacagawea dollar coins that we rarely see (unless you are in an unfortunate situation at the post office). These new coins will feature all the deceased Presidents, released 4 at a time until 2016. What's your opinion? Will the American public finally accept these? I gotta say, that I do like the edge inscriptions. (LINK)

Vote in the poll on the right.

Presidential Dollar Coins

1 comment:

Miss Lala said...

every foreign friend i have asks me why we can't seem to get the general US public to make use of the dollar coins.

me personally, i've found when traveling abroad, my dollars go faster when they are in coin form. boo on that.

of course, that could be because i am eating/shopping/adventuring more. (i know, you didn't think it was possible to eat more than i do in every day life.)