good times

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Coinstar

Coinstar
This past weekend Joanne and I went to go turn in our coins at the Coinstar Machine at Stater Brothers. I was never really a fan of Coinstar machines because of the 8.9 cents per dollar counting fee they charged. That was lame! But then I heard that they can waive the counting fee if you turn them into gift certificates for Amazon.com, Starbucks, iTunes, Borders, and Linens 'n Things. And since I'm always getting stuff through Amazon.com, I figured it was a great option. So what was the grand total? $204.46! I'm ready to get a Nintendo DS Lite now!



Coinstar2


The Coinstar machine had a bad connection so the Amazon.com gift certificate didn't register. Luckily a quick call to Coinstar remedied that problem and they sent me the $18.20 difference via email.







Did you see X3? $120.1 million over the weekend! $45.5 million on Friday night! That's the 2nd biggest opening day...behind Star Wars: Episode III!

No comments: