good times

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Contemplating Suicide

As some of you may know, I'm a fan of making Suicides. It's hard to beat the excitement of mixing different sodas, not yet knowing what you've created.

At my family's New Year's Day party, they had three 2-liter bottles of soda in the ice chest. Naurally, I had to mix them up. Dr. Pepper, Cactus Cooler, and A&W Root Beer. What a combination...was I in for a surprise. Necco Wafers!


NeccoWafers

It was amazing. You have to try it. If you remember these candies, you'll agree that the flavor is spot on!

So, two nights ago, I explained to Eddy my discovery. It wasn't long before we were heading to the nearest 7-11 to pick up some sodas to perform a Suicide Experiment. Here's what we ended up with:


DSC_4652

Between the 2 places we went to, neither had Cactus Cooler. Sunkist Orange would have to do. Regardless, we had a great selection of sodas.

We were able to confirm the greatness that is now called "The Necco." I was also able to have Eddy try one of my all-time favorites, Dr. Sproke (Dr. Pepper/Sprite/Coke).

We tried many, many more combinations, but with no further successes. And just like wine-tasting, we had a discard bowl.


DSC_4653


So, add them to your recipe books:

"The Necco": 1 part Dr. Pepper, 1 part Cactus Cooler, 1 part A&W Root Beer
"Dr. Sproke": 1 part Dr. Pepper, 1 part Sprite, 1 part Coke

And there are still so many more possibilities. Here is a list of more soda options (with their affiliation to either Coca-Cola, Pepsi, or Cadbury-Schweppes):

SodaBrands

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mountain Dew with Hawaiian Punch is the best. I call it a Big Stick, because it looks like a big stick popsicle. Then they came out with Mountain Dew Code Red, which tastes almost exactly the same. I'm in the middle of a lawsuit, so I shouldn't say anything else.

Anonymous said...

I'm just now coming down from the sugar high =S That was pretty fun though, Russ.