good times

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Del Mar

Where have I been? I've only had one entry in almost 3 weeks! Work has been kicking my butt lately, even moreso last week. Putting in average 18 hour days barely left me time to get a few hours of sleep. But those times have passed. I'm back.

During all that madness, I made it out to the horse races at Del Mar a couple times. This past Friday, I went with my coworkers to "Four O'Clock Friday" with the Violent Femmes performing after the races. It was packed with standing room only!

Opening Day is always an experience and this year did not disappoint. Two weeks ago today, the starting gates opened up at 2:00pm.


First race of the season
Hangin at Del Mar
Opening Day is Hat Day, so just about everyone had one on.
The stretch run.
Of course there wasn't much money to be won, but the ponies are always fun to watch.
Horse #5

And flying back home in Tim's plane always provides great views.
Flying home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time! I know you have been working, but dude....withdrawals!

How come no pics of the Violent Femmes concert?

Russell said...

Sorry, no pics of the Violent Femmes. Video only.

Miss Lala said...

ahhh good times at del mar. last time i went there, i passed out on a bench.

riding the train down takes a lot longer than flying in a plane. and... there is a bar on the train. you do the math.

oops. =P~

Chang Kim said...

Dude, who's looking at the hat...