good times

Monday, July 10, 2006

Pirate Booty

We went to go check out Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest on opening day Friday. Apparently we helped it to have the largest single/opening day ever! $55.5 million on Friday alone (beating Star Wars: Episode III) and $132 million for its opening weekend (beating Spiderman). It took it only 48 hours to hit $100 million. I thought the movie was pretty good, but it was a bit long. The cliffhanger ending definitely cues up the need for part 3, At World's End, that comes out in May 2007.

That makes Summer movie #10 for me. Here is my Summer Top 10 so far (not specifically based on plot or acting, but for the entertainment value it provided me...with or without cocktails.)

1. X3 - 2. Pirates - 3. Nacho - 4. MI:3 - 5. Superman - 6. Cars
7. DaVinci - 8. Break-Up - 9. Fast/Furious 3 - 10. Omen

PiratesoftheCaribbean2
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The Fast and the Furious"? Dude come on! Okay more summer movies need to come out for you then if that one makes the list.

Dude M:I3 feels so long ago! When did that movie come out?

Pirates....I loved it! Didn't necessarily feel long...I was so surprised when Russ said that it was 2 hours.....but I had a horrible experience in the movie theater that night. This person behind me put their bare ass nasty huge feet on the back of my chair! I couldn't believe it! And it stayed there until I sat up turned my body around to look at the people behind me and actually shake my chair saying "Excuse me"! It was a woman! Nasty!