good times

Friday, October 14, 2005

We're off to Japan !

SingaporeAirThat's right. It's time Russell and Joanne take their first big trip together since their honeymoon. We're leaving this afternoon at 2:35pm on Singapore Airlines Flight SQ11. It's a 10.5 hour flight and we will be arriving in Tokyo at 6:00pm tomorrow. Japan is 16 hours ahead during Daylight Savings Time (we don't 'fall back' until October 30th) and is 17 hours ahead when it's not DST. Japan doesn't care about saving daylight, I guess.

Japan is broken up into 4 major islands: Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku, Kyushu. We'll be spending all of our time in southern Honshu. We'll be traveling as far west as Hiroshima and as far east as Tokyo. For reference, the actual train route distance between both cities is about 560 miles.

Japan

Needless to say, the blog entries will be a whole lot less frequent for the next 2 weeks. I'll try my best to update it while we're out there. I'm dedicated.

Sayonara!

1 comment:

Miss Lala said...

Oh the pilgrimage to the homeland! I’ll be keeping an eye on the bog for any updates, slim though they may be. (As you know, I didn’t get any in while I was gone.) Remember to get photos of the food! Ha ha ha! Have fun! We'll miss you guys!