good times

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Jack's First Auto Show

After lots of begging and pleading, I finally gave in and brought Jack to his first Auto Show. Jack really wanted to see the new Lamborghini. How could I say no?

Jack's First Auto Show


The LA Auto Show was great as always. But it doesn't take much to satisfy me. The show runs until this coming Sunday. Details here. There was lots to see, but I'll just go over a few highlights.

The new $1.4 million Lamborghini Reventon
Lamborghini Reventon

Aston Martin DBS
Aston Martin DBS

Ferrari F430 Scuderia
Ferrari F430 Scuderia

Chevy Tahoe Hybrid. Huge, but a 2-mode hybrid with 25% better fuel economy.
Chevy Tahoe Hybrid

Nissan GT-R. 480-hp, twin turbocharged V6. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. I'll take one.
Nissan GT-R

And the VW Up! (The exclamation point is part of the name) Chang's next purchase.
Up!

Honda FCX Clarity. Their first Fuel Cell production vehicle. It runs on pure hydrogen, generating electrical power from the bonding power of hydrogen and oxygen into water. Its only emission is water.
Honda FCX Clarity

The highlight of the visit was seeing this Lexus IS-F (415-hp) on a dyno running through all 8 gears (well over 100mph). All you had to do was stand in line and you could be the driver!
Lexus IS-F Demo

Jack loved the show...watching all the cars. Although he was equally as excited when he saw this shiny silver wall in the Concourse Hall.
What's over there?
Oooh.  Shiny.


Since I've been to every LA Auto Show since 2001, I went back to my archives to see what my first picture was. It was taken with my mom's old Sony Mavica...the one that puts the pictures on a floppy disk. And to my surprise, photos 0001 and 0002 were the Pontiac Aztek!!! I miss that car.
00010002

If you want to see all my pics, go here. Make sure you choose "Options" at the bottom right if you want to see the photo captions.

2 comments:

Chang Kim said...

Hmm, the UP! or a big-ass new tv? I'm torn.

ac3 said...

What about the R8?