good times

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Black Friday Madness

After the Thanksgiving festivities Thursday night, we went home and I went on the computer to check out if there were going to be any online deals for Amazon's Black Friday. Of course that meant I had to stay up until midnight to see what the deals were. I picked up a top of the line wireless mouse, a webcam, and a 2GB USB flash drive and ended up making $13 in the process (after rebates). Not bad. I felt accomplished. So I went to bed around 1:00am and decided to wake up at 2:00am to meet up with my sister to line up at Fry's in the morning. Why did we do this?

Well, that's where the fun began. My goal: a 46" Samsung 1080p LCD TV for $1299. Our second goal: a 19" Samsung LCD TV for my parents for $199. We showed up at Fry's around 3am only to see that the line was out the door and wrapped around the building. It was madness (but nothing like the lines at Circuit City or Best Buy). The doors opened at 5am, so were waiting outside for a couple hours. Once we got inside, we dashed over to the TV section and saw boxes and boxes of TVs on the floor so people can just go up and grab what they wanted. We looked everywhere and I couldn't find the one I wanted. They had passed out vouchers for several of the popular TVs to the people at the front of the line, so I just about gave up on the TV. Luckily the TV section was completely disorganized. These LCDs and plasmas come in such huge boxes that the entire area was packed full of people sliding their TVs all around. I decided not to give up just yet so I went to look through their inventory to find my TV. It was ridiculous...Samsung makes several models of 46" 1080p LCDs so I had to look for a LN-T4661, not a LN-T4669 or LN-T4671. Insanity. The good news is that I was successful and got the last one of three that the store had in stock. Whew! Even better news...Steph got lucky and found the 19" Samsung, too. What a successful adventure, of course that meant we had to wait in the 2 hour line to purchase our stuff. No big deal. :)

Now I can enjoy the fruits of my labor. Ahhhh.

LNT4661

Anyone else have a fun Black Friday?

3 comments:

Chang Kim said...

I just slept. But I don't have a shiny new TV to show for it. :(

Anonymous said...

Okay this was the best Black Friday ever! I actually enjoyed myself....I mean it was super crazy in the tv section....but I guess after we got the 2 tvs then it was the best feeling....felt so victorious! Yay! Go Frys!

Anonymous said...

Oh Chang I told Russ that I really like your new picture....what a handsome guy!