good times

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The New 7 Wonders of the World

I'm sure you've all heard of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World. Maybe you know them all, but I can only recognize the Great Pyramids of Giza. And it turns out that it's the only one of the seven that are still in existence.

So, I think it's about time they redo the list of the 7 Wonders of the World. Well, they're on it! And you can vote yourself! There are 20 candidates to vote on and the winning 7 will be announced in Lisbon, Spain on 7-7-07, the best date ever. (LINK)

Here are the candidates (although you can't vote for the Great Pyramids):
New7Wonders

1. Acropolis, Athens, Greece
2. Alhambra, Granada, Spain
3. Angkor, Cambodia
4. Chichen Itza, Mexico
5. Christ Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
6. Colosseum, Rome, Italy
7. Easter Island Statues, Chile
8. Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
9. Great Wall, China
10. Hagia Sophia, Istanbul, Turkey
11. Kiyomizu Temple, Kyoto, Japan
12. Kremlin / St. Basil, Moscow, Russia
13. Machu Picchu, Peru
14. Neuschwanstein Castle, Schwangau, Germany
15. Petra, Jordan
16. Statue of Liberty, New York, USA
17. Stonehenge, Amesbury, UK
18. Sydney Opera House, Australia
19. Taj Mahal, Agra, India
20. Timbuktu, Mali

So go vote! There are only 9 days left! (VOTE) Don't forget to confirm your vote by email.

And when you're done, put up your votes in my poll on the right. -->

You want my bias? I didn't vote necessarily for the most wondrous, I voted for the most iconic (with some US bias).
MyNew7Wonders

Christ Redeemer, the Kremlin, and the Sydney Opera House were next. And I wanted to vote for Petra just because it was in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Thanks, Lily, for the tip! I almost let this one pass!

IMPORTANT SIDENOTE:

Since we're on the topic of The Great Pyramids of Egypt, I'll never forget the fortune my sister got TWICE on separate occasions. What do you make of this?
FortuneCookie
Steph, you're awesome.

1 comment:

Chang Kim said...

How could you not vote for Petra, Jordan? Site of the final scene in The Last Crusade!