good times

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

X-Games 13 !

Went to go check out the X-Games this past Sunday to watch the Skateboard Vert and Rally Racing events. Of course, Home Depot Center mentioned that "pro style" cameras were not allowed, so I didn't even bother bringing in my camera...boy was that a mistake. Everyone had an SLR camera! I was a little bummed all day long because there were lots of great photo ops. You'd think with all my luck sneaking cameras into "no cameras allowed" venues, that I'd learn my lesson. Oh well. You're going to have to deal with my awesome cameraphone pics instead.

The skateboard vert event was fantastic! Shaun White (The Flying Tomato) dominated the pipe on his final run...making it a clearly uncontested Gold Medal.

After the skateboard vert, we went to our seats in the soccer stadium to check out the Rally Race. The hype was big after the tight race last year between Travis Pastrana and Colin McRae (when he flipped over on his last lap). They had one of Travis Pastrana's cars on display.
Travis Pastrana's WRX

We had a great view of the track...check out Travis Pastrana in mid flight on the jump!
Travis Pastrana on the jump!


Colin McRae had another tough year...he just couldn't keep his car on the road. In the middle of the picture, you can see his car on top of one of the barriers after he flipped his car.
Colin McRae's Car after the flip.

Next time I'm bringing my camera.

2 comments:

Chang Kim said...

Can't believe that even made you flinch. Oh well, there's always next year. That was a pretty sweet phone photo you got, though. :)

Miss Lala said...

x-games 14 here we come! hopefully it will come with a bonus joanne feature. ;)

thanks for lending your husband to the extra wives for the day, jojo. we missed you mucho!